Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Creation and Such

I love the creation story! It offers and explanation for why we are the way we are and what is written on our hearts that we want to turn into, what we want to become.
The first sin of Adam and Eve is like every other sin committed by man. It is about choosing ourselves over God and others. It is selfishness. It is about taking rather than giving. Adam and Eve started out perfectly made. They lived the life that God had created for them. There was no other way for them to know how to live until Satan introduced them to the idea that God was deceiving them. It is so sad to see them fall into sin. It is sad to see anyone be less than what God created us to be. It is so sad that after being created and loved by a perfect being, Adam and Eve betray that love and turn to something that isn't as good, turn to love themselves and only trust themselves rather than the creator who made them. I realize that friends around me are falling into the same trap and it it really saddens me. Then I realize that the people looking out for me see me falling into that trap every time I sin. I wonder how hurt they are to see me ruin myself more. Then I wonder What God must feel like when I turn away from Him although His arms are open offering a perfect love.
Jesus, thank you for always being there with the full intention of bringing me to full happiness in You. Help me and my friends and family realize the beauty of Your love and the happiness and fulfillment that comes from it. No sinful moment is worth turning from You, Perfect One. You are so beautiful Lord. Life fits within Your law and I want to drop every worldly thing to make sure I reach the fullness of the creation that You made me to be. In the words of Natasha Bedingfield, "I love You, I love You, I love You".
Amen

2 comments:

Steve said...

Former Senator, your post began so full of sadness. Then it got happy. I enjoyed getting happy :D

Michael Barber said...

Collin,

That was a poignant post. And Steve is right to point out that watching others fall into sin is sad. It is in fact the most depressing thing we will ever witness in our lives. To see someone reject the love God has for them for stupid earthly pleasures--what could be more sad than that.

The great thing is, we have a school full of people like Steve and you--people who have a heart for the Lord.

And, yes, Natasha had a great line there.

AMEN!